Pine Burr Area Council Events and Activities Refund Policy
The Pine Burr Area Council willprocess refunds for fees paid for the activities under the following conditions:
- A 100% refund will be given for requests made at least 10 business days in advance of the event.
- A 100% refund will be given for youth not attending for medical reasons (Doctors letter required).
- No refunds will be given after the event except for medical reasons (Doctors letter required).
Requests must be made in writing and submitted to the Council Service Center via mail, fax, or email. Requests must give Scouts name, unit number, activity for which a refund is being requested, including doctors letter.
NOTE: Events such as the National Jamboree, Philmont, Sea Base, Northern Tier, have a different refund policy that will be posted with the registration materials for those events.
Pine Burr Area Council High Adventure Refund Policy
General. The purpose of this policy is to define the refund policy for High Adventure activities within the Pine Burr Area Council (PBAC). High Adventure activities may include but are not limited to Philmont, Canoe Base, Sea Base, National Jamboree and similar activities endorsed by PBAC.
Concept. Due to the unique nature of High Adventure activities and the high amount of prepaid fees, refunds will be typically limited as follows:
- Initial deposits of $350 are non-refundable once participants are selected.
- A suitable replacement must found by the party requesting refund. The replacement must be approved by the contingent leader and all funds must be paid by the replacement prior to refund being issued. Further, refunds will not be provided unless the contingent is filled to capacity. Expenses lost to PBAC will not be refunded.
Procedure. All requests for refund must be made after the completion of the event and not later than 30 days later. All requests must be made in writing and directed to the Scout Executive, PBAC, 1318 Hardy Street, Hattiesburg, MS 39401.