Popcorn Information and Resources
Thousands of dollars go back to the Scouting program in the Pine Burr Area Council as a result of the annual popcorn sale. Seventy percent of all dollars collected during the sale support local Scouting programs. The popcorn sale is a way for a Scout and Units to fund their program for the entire year.
For 2016, we are implementing several changes to make this year’s sale to easier than ever:
- Units may now order individual containers (vs. by the case in order to stretch program resources).
- Units can now earn 32% commission by having a unit kernel participate at a kick-off (vs. earning 30% with unit leader in charge of popcorn sale).
- Ability to return unsold show-n- deliver product ordered (vs. buying it all).
- Changing time-frame to a brief and simple sale calendar (vs. 3-1/2 month calendar).
The four options to sell popcorn are as follows:
- “Show-N- Sell” in front of retail locations
- “Show-N- Deliver” in churches and neighborhoods
- Traditional “Take-Order” sales
- Online sales to friends and family
Key Calendar Dates:
- Sept. 1 Online sale begins
- Sept. 1 Unit “Show-N- Sell” orders are due
- Sept. 12 “Take-Order” sale begins
- Sept. 23 Unit “Show-N-Sell” and “Show-N-Deliver” product pickup
- Sept. 23 Unit “Show-N-Sell” and “Show-N-Deliver” begins
- Oct. 31 “Show-N-Sell” and “Show-N-Deliver” popcorn return day
- Oct. 31 “Take-Order” sale ends
- Oct. 31 Unit “Take-Orders” are due
- Oct. 31 Unit prize orders are due
- Nov. 11 Unit “Take-Order” product pickup
- Nov.11 Unit “Show-N- Sell” and “Show-N- Deliver” ends
- Dec. 1 Online sale ends
Orders can be placed at www.campmasters.org.